How to install Android Debug Brigde on macOS
- Download the ADB ZIP file for macOS
- Extract the ZIP to a location that is easily accessible (such as a desktop).
- Open Terminal.
- Enter the command to navigate to the folder in which you extracted ADB: cd /path/to/extracted/folder/
- For instance, this was on my Mac: cd /Users/Doug/Desktop/platform-tools/
- Connect a compatible USB cable to your device on your Mac. Switch to "file transfer (MTP)" mode to the USB connection mode. Not always necessary for each device, but it's best to keep it in this mode so that you don't have problems.
- Once the terminal is located in the same folder as your ADB tools, you can start the ADB daemon with the following command: adb devices
- A prompt "allow USB debugging" will appear on your device. Allow the link.
- Finally, enter the step # 7 command again. If all was successful, you should now see the serial number of your device in the Terminal window of macOS. Feel free! Free words! On your device, you can run any ADB command! Now, go ahead and change your phone with our extensive tutorials!