How to install Android Fastboot/ADB drivers under Windows 8
It's easy to work around. The drivers signature enforcement simply has to be temporarily disabled.
In the following way, you can do that.
- From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
- Click ‘More PC Settings’.
- Click ‘General’.
- Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
- Wait for the computer to restart.
- When the boot menu opens up, Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Click ‘Advanced Options’
- Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
- Click Restart.
- Wait for the computer to restart again and when it prompts you to select options, make sure you select 'Disable driver signature enforcement'.
- After Windows finishes booting you should now be able to install the Fastboot/ADB drivers.
Voila, you should now be able to install the Google Fastboot/ADB drivers and continue messing around with your Android phone :)